Sunday, February 03, 2008
We ended the month of January with a bang and took a weekend trip (coupled with work) to California where we got to stay with and visit Grandma and Grandpa Gardner. Jordan's parents drove down from Clayton to spend the weekend with us too. We had such a great time. Grandpa showed us the ropes at the swap meet and Grandma spoiled us a couple times with her great meals. The weather was nice and cold, but we felt cozy inside by the fireplace, where Grandpa would burn a couple of his cazillion logs from the Arial Woodpile Moutain Range. :-)
One of the many highlights of our trip was taking Jackson to Disneyland for the first time! We weren't sure how it would go but he did great! He was so facinated by all the people and and fun things to look at. We took him on lots of rides and surprisingly he did very well. (Even on Pirates of the Carribean and the Haunted Mansion!) His favorite though had to be the new Nemo Submarine ride. He spent the entire time with his little head right in the porthole. It was so cute!
Sporting our Mickey & Minnie Ears!
Jackson's first ride on the carousel.
He didn't quite know what to think of Mickey. We couldn't get him to look at the camera, he just wanted to stare!
The Gang hangin' out in Mickey's Toon Town.
Now we're both back in Austin and trying to get Jackson back on a schedule. I've started on some new home decorating projects. I'll be trying to get them done before I take off for Florida to watch my sister at the Cheerleading Nationals!!
5 comments:
Hey Cass! Your little family is so cute! And you look fabulous! I'm thrilled for you.
You guys do so many fun things!! Jackson probably is builing is own frequent flyer miles by now!! How fun you went to Disneyland. Izzy LOVES Mikey Mouse.
Oh by the way, I am rooming with a girl that knows your family from Bakersfield. She didn't think you would remember her but her name is Kim Davis. Small world huh?
Oh by the way, I am rooming with a girl that knows your family from Bakersfield. She didn't think you would remember her but her name is Kim Davis. Small world huh?
How fun! I would love to be in California and not in this snowy weather! We're going to Las Vegas this weekend though (just Kyle and me) so that'll be fun. Wow--I can't believe that Jordan got up in front of that many people. I'm impressed! Let me know when Lynsie will be on TV (it's telivised, right?)
Post a Comment